Sunday, June 8, 2008

Introduction

Greetings to all in Christ's name! I am new to this whole idea of blogging but friends of mine have encouraged me to do this for quite a while now. I didn't have time back then but a series of events have left me with that time now.

My intent here will be to discuss and reflect upon the new road I believe with all my heart my Beloved Jesus has set me on: the life of the hermit/anchoress. I am slowly, tentatively, getting myself started and would enjoy the input of others' thoughts and experiences. I look forward to this new adventure with great anticipation.

Actually, I am running two blogs. First, 'Echoes in Solitude' which will examine the life of the hermit and topics such as mysticism, rules of life, contemplative prayer - all the tools and trappings of the eremetical life, the nuts and bolts if you will. Often they will be summaries of the many books out there having to do with prayer or the mystical life.

The second blog, 'The Blogging Anchorite' will contain the fruits of my labor, my musings and reflections gained through the practice of lectio divina. Sources may include an office from the Church's daily Liturgy of the Hours, a poem, a song, a Rule, a koan, a picture or even a random thought. They may be reflections begun by someone else which I expand upon with my own thoughts.

It is my hope, in all humility, that they will be of use to other sojourners along their journeys of what was originally simply referred to as "The Way". Take from them whatever may be of use and ignore that which is not. We are all unique individuals and ultimately must find the one path that is meant for each of us to walk with the Holy Spirit as companion, Jesus of Nazareth our guide, and God our Father who is our destination in heaven.

No comments: